Life on a little urban homestead in the making, with ideas for self-sufficiency, Permaculture, DIYing, organic gardening, food preservation, Chicken keeping, cookery, crafts, thrifting and more...

Nov 3, 2020

Tour Of My Home Office, Cross Rib Roast Beef

 


Tour Of My Home Office-
We hit 17 degrees last week, now it's in the upper 60's! Down again in a few days with "wintry mix" and rain forecast. Much colder next week, so time to cozy up the house more! Anyway, when I first started working from home in late March I wasn't sure how long it would last. I started tweaking things over time after I realized this might be while. Now it's "permanent", but time will tell. Anyway this used to be a home office of sorts with a spare computer. Now it's a dedicated "work space", except for all my other stuff!  Here's what I've done, for little money! For the colder weather I recently I added a $10.00 Ikea fake sheepskin throw on my office chair, nice and toasty!  I used a giant safety pin on the top back so it stays put. We already had the chair-


Nice view out the front window, I can adjust the blinds as needed- 


My messy area, avert your eyes! We had this desk before but wasn't big enough for two monitors. I asked Dave to take the keyboard tray and attach to the desk. He added a leg and it works great! 


South wall to my right when I'm sitting, radio/CD player, printer, kitty bed, heater and canning rack-



I spent $10.00 and bought Anya a new kitty bed, she loves it! Keeps me company- 


I bought this radiant heater this summer knowing I'd need it. Trying to keep the house heating bill down. I turn it on in the morning and pre-heat the room a bit, then turn down the thermostat in the rest of the house. Anya lays next to it most of the morning- 


Top of my desk-


Farm sign to my left, moved in from another room- 

wall color way off, it's a whiter sage green, weird lighting that morning

Cabinet behind me, I brought more white accents in from other rooms to lighten it up-


I bought the faux barn door and then decided to add a clear command hook. Now I can add something seasonal, like my Happy Fall Y'all sign-


Wall calendar on the right on the wall, nice floor lamp we already had there, nice even lighting! 


Top shelf on my left-


Middle shelf-

Stuff
Bottom shelf- 


That's it, and I really like it! The only things I actually bought were the faux throw, farm Fall sign and heater. 


Cross Rib Roast Beef -
This summer I got a nice beef roast for $8.00 and stashed it in the freezer. I thawed it and roasted it this weekend. It came out super juicy and very tender. Plenty for leftovers! It's about a 4 lb. roast and here's a recipe I used Cross Rib Roast w/ Garlic and Herbs Really simple, and I made it rare so we could re-heat some without over cooking-

Coming out of the oven


I roasted multi colored small potatoes and onions with olive oil, salt, thyme and pepper. Wonderful!

6 comments:

Judy said...

Your roast looks amazing. Just wondering what temperature and how long you cooked it for. I also like what you did with your office. Thanks for sharing

Mama Pea said...

Love that you decorate your office just as you do the rest of the house. Any room you spend time in should hold a warm, cozy and pleasant environment and you always manage to create that. :o)

Nancy In Boise said...

If you check the recipe link the directions are there. You started a higher temperature for a short. Of time and then about 20 minutes per pound checking with a meat thermometer. I think mine was about an hour and a half but I'm still waking up! Thanks for stopping by

Nancy In Boise said...

Oh thanks Mama! I figured if I'm going to start spending eat hours a day there 5 days a week, been working overtime lately might as well make it a pleasant experience. I also borrowed an old CD player with a radio and can listen to Tunes during the day which is helpful. Sometimes my work and be pretty boring and monotonous. Thanks again!

Goatldi said...

Love your office area!

But more so your roast. Lol. It is moving into supper time and that spectacular meal made me hunger just looking ! I think we need Blog-smell-o-vision .

Nancy In Boise said...

Thanks! Yes it smells like fresh garlic and rosemary coming out of the oven oh, yummy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...