Life on a little urban homestead in the making, with ideas for self-sufficiency, Permaculture, DIYing, organic gardening, food preservation, Chicken keeping, cookery, crafts, thrifting and more...

Nov 19, 2019

Anniversary Road Trip & Thrifted Finds, Classic Chicken Cacciatore



Anniversary Road Trip & Thrifted Finds-
We finally had some rain today!!! SO exciting after poor air quality for weeks. Dave and I are celebrating our 26th wedding anniversary tomorrow. I'm so grateful I married such a wonderful, devoted person. My best friend, great Dad and Granddad! Three years ago, to do something really different, we went up to the mountain town of McCall to spend the night. The hotel rates are off season and no tourists. Cold, nice and quiet! We had a gorgeous drive up Saturday and spent the night, coming back Sunday. Saturday afternoon, after lunch, we drove around Payette lake-








Ice on the N side of the lake

 Sunday, gray skies and a little rain-





My fave fish sculpture

smooth as glass


Our comfy hotel roomed with soaker tub and salt water pool, Dave enjoyed the swims! 


We found a new thrift store there! I got these three winter cuties for a whopping $3.00 total!

Tabletop snowman, hand made in the USA 

Small quilt (crib blanket/tablecloth?), 2 sided, winter motif-


Details- 








Backside-

Back side


Snowman spoon rest-






Classic Chicken Cacciatore-
Perfect dish for a cold night! I served with ww pasta and Italian bread. I made this with lots of out own homegrown, frozen tomatoes. So juicy I had to add tomato paste! Lots of mushroom in my crock pot with all of it.  Recipe here Classic Chicken Cacciatore, and for the 2nd round I added Kalamata olives and capers for something different! Topped with some Feta cheese, yummy! Sadly the crock pot handle broke off, so I finally (after 15-20 years) bought a new, smaller one. With two of us I just didn't need the huge one. I'll keep it until after the holidays and will repurpose it. My new baby, 4.5 Qt., $20.00 at Target, hopefully will last me til I'm too old and decrepit to cook! I'll make some chili this weekend before turkey day!








6 comments:

Susan said...

Happy Anniversary! It is always nice to hear about couples that are still close and work well together. It gives us old singletons hope! :) Lovely place to spend a night/day. That recipe just hollers winter and I like how you changed it up the next day.

Nancy In Boise said...

Thanks Susan! I thank Dave's parents for being great parents.The rest is him :)

Melissa said...

Great thrift finds! The quilt is really cute!

I have a smaller crockpot that I love! It is oval that I found at Walmart a few years ago. I wanted to get one for my mom and they no longer carried them!

Thanks for sharing at Farm Fresh Tuesdays Blog Hop!

Melissa | Little Frugal Homestead

Nancy In Boise said...

Thanks for stopping by Melissa! Yes I love the little quilt I'll probably wind up putting it on a small table as a tablecloth or hang on the wall! I'm using my little Crock-Pot already making a big pot of chili for the week!

Lisa L Lombardo said...

Happy Anniversary! Looks like a wonderful time! Thanks so much for sharing on Farm Fresh Tuesdays!

Nancy In Boise said...

Thanks Lisa sorry I didn't answer sooner but your response went into the spam folder

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...