Life on a little urban homestead in the making, with ideas for self-sufficiency, Permaculture, DIYing, organic gardening, food preservation, Chicken keeping, cookery, crafts, thrifting and more...

Jan 15, 2015

Liebster Award!


Liebster Award!
I received an email today saying my Little Homestead blog had been nominated for a blog award! What fun! It's always nice to have people acknowledge all the years spent building a blog up. I received it from Britni at Homeschoolinmommychronicles  Britni says-

The Liebster Reward is and award being passed around the blogosphere to up and coming bloggers. The rules are as follows:

    Acknowledge and thank the blog who nominated you. Done
    Look for an award image that you like, and post it on your blog. Done
    Answer the 11 questions asked by the person/blog who nominated you. Done
    List 11 random facts about yourself. Done
    Nominate 11 blogs with under 1,000 followers to receive the award. Done, but I will do 3. I don't follow that many blogs, sorry.  
    Let the bloggers know that you nominated them. Done
    Give them 11 questions to answer. Done

Here are my answers for Britni's questions:

    1-When you were a child, what was your dream job? Do you have that job today? No, I never had one specific job, but I LOVE being an elementary librarian!!!

    2-What are your 3 favorite books? Rumi- The Essential Rumi, The Lord of The Rings books, and Ordinary People As Monks & Mystics: Lifestyles for Spiritual Wholeness. Quite a range, eh? :)

   3- If you have to move out of the country, where would you move to? Either Scandinavia (probably Norway or Sweden), or France/Italy/Spain. 

   4- Can you cook? YES! I'm quite a foodie, and have lots of great compliments over the years.

    5- Is there any post you’ve been planning to do, but have been postponing for awhile now? Yes, news of my death ;)

   6- If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why? Invisibility! Think of the information you could glean! Just don't get run over by a truck...
    
  7- Do you prefer the beach or the mountain? Why? Mountains, hands down- trees, water, snow, clean air and wildlife...
    
  8- What movie did you love to watch as a child? The Sound of Music

  9- What is something that your learned recently? How to play school politics :)

 10- What is your favorite season of the year and why? Winter- no yard work or food preservation!

 11- What TV series do you watch? I have Netflix and just finished Firefly, great Scifi show! Otherwise- NCIS New Orleans, NCIS and Chicago Fire.

Here are my 11 random facts:

1-I hate school politics
2-I LOVE Traders Joe's chocolate bars with whole hazelnuts, oh my!
3-I hate shallow people, not hate, but find them INCREDIBLY boring
4-I LOVE SNOW!!! I could live in Minnesota, Wisconsin, you name it. BUT I would need green summers too
5-I worry about aging
6-I worry about my adult kids stupid mistakes- I hate having to sit back and watch them happen
7-I love my adult kids :)
8- I love my best friend, who is also my hubby Dave :)
9- It pains me to listen to women of all ages constantly criticize themselves, especially how they look. It's pure self-loathing. Who taught them that???
10- I just want a decent night's sleep- every night :(  Long story...
11- I'm listening to my cat snore right now :)

I'm nominating....

Jackie @ Bornimaginative Wonderful posts and amazing photos!!!

Margo @ Thriftathome  Great ideas, family stuff and photos!

Susan @ E-i-e-i-omg-bybiddie  Just too freaking funny, and really inspiring, doing it all alone :)

I'm asking the three lovely ladies these sames questions-

    When you were a child, what was your dream job? Do you have that job today?
    What are your 3 favorite books?
    If you have to move out of the country, where would you move to?
    Can you cook?
    Is there any post you’ve been planning to do, but have been postponing for awhile now?
    If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
    Do you prefer the beach or the mountain? Why?
    What movie did you love to watch as a child?
    What is something that your learned recently?
    What is your favorite season of the year and why?
    What TV series do you watch?

And what are your 11 random facts?

Thanks all!!! 




6 comments:

Unknown said...

I love it! I'm happy that I'm not the only Firefly fan out there! (:

Unknown said...

Me too, just wish the movie was on Netflix, have to try the library~~~

Unknown said...

It's always nice to be loved :) Thanks for sharing at the (mis)Adventures Mondays Blog hop!

Unknown said...

Yes, appreciation is a good thing :)

Unknown said...

The movie has been on Netflix before so it might pop on again sometime :) My daughters name is Inara! Love the show, really loved the name. Thanks for submitting it to the HomeAcre Blog Hop. Feel free to stop by again this week at www.PintSizeFarm.com or one of the other hosts and submit another :)

Unknown said...

Thanks, and I just got the Serenity DVD at the library :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...