Life on a little urban homestead in the making, with ideas for self-sufficiency, Permaculture, DIYing, organic gardening, food preservation, Chicken keeping, cookery, crafts, thrifting and more...

Oct 14, 2011

Fall Prim Design and Fall Colors

My Fall Prim Design- I love to look on eBay at Prim stuff, but so much of it is way overpriced, IMO. I saw something like this last year, but I made my own. I think it looks cute on my kitchen counter in the fall-


I found lots of great, inexpensive components. I bought the wooden hanging tray, berry sprays, and the silicone bulb candleabra. I painted it rusty to look more "prim". Just sponged on black acrylic craft paint, dabbled on umber after that. I found most of the items here, great website!  Factorydirectcraft.com 
By the way, no they're not paying me, I just really like their stuff. They have fast shipping, and good prices!

Fall Colors- Trees are starting to change and I always love my fall asters-





Tomorrow I'll be pulling up our summer veggie garden, deep cleaning the coop, and getting ready to set up our winter sun room on it. What fun!!!

Peanut Butter Tip- I heard this morning that peanut butter will probably go up about 30%-50% in the next month or so. It's due to a really bad harvest in the U.S. Stock up now folks!!!

4 comments:

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

I heard that too about peanut butter. However, one of our stores has not had any of their natural peanut butter, due to a peanut shortage. I keep checking anyway.

Unknown said...

Yes, I got some extra today, plus I needed some for holiday peanut blossoms!

Candy C. said...

I heard that about the peanut butter too, guess I better pick some up! Your chicken girls are sure gonna love their sun room this winter! Your centerpiece really turned out nice! :)

Unknown said...

Thanks, yes we're ready for the sunroom soon...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...