Life on a little urban homestead in the making, with ideas for self-sufficiency, Permaculture, DIYing, organic gardening, food preservation, Chicken keeping, cookery, crafts, thrifting and more...

Aug 27, 2022

Why I Closed My Amazon Affiliate Account

 

Why I Closed My Amazon Affiliate Account-
I have closed my Amazon affiliate account. You will see my links on the left side bar be replaced with photos of recommended books, etc.  I never made money off Amazon, I actually made a couple hundred $$$ over the years doing the Hometalk posts instead. Amazon has also become the giant, not treating their employees well, and I suspect they sell their data to whoever. I also suspect they will go out of business in the not-too-distant future. If China goes into Taiwan, and I think they will, a major cut off of Chinese goods may hit the U.S. right away. Time will tell. When fuel goes back up (and I think it will), the prices will soar as well affecting consumers. I never started blogging to make money, just to document our journey and share it. I have made some great friends online and read their journeys too. And congrats if you still actually READ!!!  Some just looks at photos and move on. It's sad to see some of the dumbing down in social media. I miss people who can write well, for more than a short paragraph. So there you go, that's the skinny. I will be rearranging the look of the blog a bit. Stay tuned!                     


6 comments:

Mama Pea said...

Can't agree with you more that things are changing. And some folks are going to be shocked as more and more things begin to happen. We get too complacent with the way things have "always" been and sometimes don't use our intellects to take a look at the big picture and be ready for it.

Nancy In Boise said...

Yes Mama for sure! People just assume things will always be the way they're going to be and when I think we've reached that Tipping Point of not so much. I really love watching Alaska prepper, Canadian prepper and City prepper for information that's really useful. With crops way down as far as growth internationally Etc it's going to be a tough next few years I think. Best to be prepared!

Leigh said...

I rarely make more than $20 or so (every other month) from my Amazon affiliates account. Recently, I've discovered that if I'm interested in something and go to the manufacturer's site, the item is usually less than the Amazon listing and often with free shipping.

I saw a news story the other day that Amazon is trying to come out with a show using video clips from their customers' smart doorbells (because the user agreement stipulates that everything recorded is the property of Amazon.)

I agree about what social media has done to writing. It's trained people to use butchered (but shorter!) spelling, clump everything together in one paragraph, and rely on symbols (emoticons) to communicate. Plus, tell us we aren't smart enough to know the difference between a fact and opinion. Sheesh.

Nancy In Boise said...

Thanks Leigh and good points! I had not heard about the smart doorbells kind of scary and creepy. Yes people definitely have lost their ability to spell and put thoughts in words. I buy a ton of stuff on ebay! Most of it used and I do try to buy as much new items as I can locally instead of on Amazon. I think there are days are numbered but time will tell

Decorative Inspirations said...

Thank you for sharing your experience with Amazon. I think you inspired me to give Hometalk a try.

Nancy In Boise said...

I've made quite a bit of money there maybe for $500 over the course of time. Pretty easy to upload parts of my blog and photos with links to the full article. There payments seem to be fairly easy, however I've not used them for quite a

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...