Life on a little urban homestead in the making, with ideas for self-sufficiency, Permaculture, DIYing, organic gardening, food preservation, Chicken keeping, cookery, crafts, thrifting and more...

Mar 12, 2021

Bye Bye Molar!

 Anya says- No I can't watch!

Bye Bye Molar! 
So after going through my process with the two dentists we realized that we were going to have to pull my back molar. I'm having that done tomorrow morning. Basically I had the infection inside the old root canal from my tooth being cracked just a tiny bit. I did a week of antibiotics which seemed to help quite a bit. I was put on an antibiotic I never used before called Clindamycin. I had a really odd side effect as in I lost my appetite and got really lethargic. In the past taking antibiotics I've never had this happen. So tomorrow I will tell my dentist to put a note in my chart I will not be using that ever again. Soon as I went off of it my energy started coming back and I got my appetite back. I did make sure I was eating protein and drinking plenty of water. It was really weird to sit down to a meal take about five bites and go I'm done. Anyway it's bye-bye molar tomorrow. We'll see how I do for a few months and then I may have a dental implant done to replace the tooth. Luckily I have zero co-pay on my dental insurance! I will be resting and doing ice on my cheek this weekend and hopefully it won't be too bad. Netflix here I come. Send me some good energy please, thank you!!!

12 comments:

Judy said...

Will be praying for you. I had all my molars removed when i was 17. Have never missed them. Get a good nights rest and all will work ouf well.

Nancy In Boise said...

Thanks Judy!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Good luck with the extraction tomorrow! And thanks for popping by my blog today!

Susan said...

Oh, boy! I’m glad you can get that taken care of soon. Tooth problems are the worst! Weird side effects with the antibiotic - hope all goes well with the extraction.

Mama Pea said...

Sending lots and lots of positive energy to help get you through this whole ordeal! Doesn't it make you think about the terrible, awful pain people must have gone through way back in the day before modern dental practices came to be? ((Shudder, shudder!)) It's probably very important to take it really easy this weekend so your whole body can get back to normal.

Cockeyed Jo said...

Well Nancy, it's all done now. Remember, ice is your friend (on the outside of your mouth).

Nancy In Boise said...

Thanks it went pretty well and I'm resting comfortably

Nancy In Boise said...

Went really well and I'm resting comfortably and watching lots of TV

Nancy In Boise said...

It went well and I'm definitely resting this weekend! Thanks for your good thoughts

Nancy In Boise said...

Thanks Joe it went well and yes I have already iced the outside of my cheek, going to take a nap now

Goatldi said...

Sounds like you are doing well. Nothing more painful than dental issues! Trust the process will continue on a smooth path!

Nancy In Boise said...

Thanks yes it actually went really well and will be posting something soon thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...