Life on a little urban homestead in the making, with ideas for self-sufficiency, Permaculture, DIYing, organic gardening, food preservation, Chicken keeping, cookery, crafts, thrifting and more...

Feb 13, 2021

Snow Days Finally!!!


Snow Days Finally!!! 
After a pretty dry winter here in the valley we got about 2" overnight Thursday, with more Friday. Last night we got another 2" - 4 ", with about 10" total!  Happy dance! Now if some idiot drivers would slow down and realize their cars don't levitate life would be easier. Tons of wrecks yesterday, shakes head. Part of the interstate had to be shout down in two areas. Glad I'm working from home! No power outages that I know of so far, which is good. Here's some of my photos of our little homestead snow days! Friday morning-














Today-














When it's this snowy I give the girls some treats about twice a day, this was some chopped greens they attacked! 


Really great example of why we have a "sun room" on the coop. Clean and dry in there great for dust baths! After I took this shot and I cleared off all the snow on the top-






4 comments:

Judy said...

Pretty snow pictures. What a great idea to have a sunroom for the girls.

Goatldi said...

Nice photos!

I like snow to For about the first 2 feet and the first two days after that I’m pretty done with it. I think if I didn’t have livestock and didn’t have to be out in it constantly and deal with the issue as it creates with the livestock and love it a lot more if I could just sit inside Miller we’ve been spin and watch it come down. We got a little bit of popcorn snow around here up the hill a little further is the most which is why I chose to live where I am now if I had hired help I’d probably not care if I got snow because it is lovely. Stay home be safe crazy people out there on the road who think they can fly LOL!

Nancy In Boise said...

Thanks! I had seen on some other blogs people who have done that with their coop

Nancy In Boise said...

Yes it's supposed to warm up here in two or three days and most of all probably be melted by the weekend but we enjoyed it while it lasted! Started to warm up a little bit today got up to 36. Roads are clearing which is good and people are slowing down which is also good!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...