Life on a little urban homestead in the making, with ideas for self-sufficiency, Permaculture, DIYing, organic gardening, food preservation, Chicken keeping, cookery, crafts, thrifting and more...

Dec 19, 2020

Holiday And Winter Decor


Holiday And Winter Decor-
We had snow, then a little warmer weather, rain 2 days agon, now mild and 45. More rain possibly in the next day or 2. Last weekend I made some Amish Baked Oats with some of my home-canned apples. It's great for dessert and breakfast! Lots of our own eggs now for these kinds of dishes now. I got 4 a couple days ago!!! We finally got everything up, excpet for a couple of inside window snowflake light string. Here's a peek at the rest!

I got my re-painted thrifted snow stake up. This summer I re-painted the eyes, cheeks and smile, the rest was okay. I also added new fabrics strips on the arms- 




New sign I got from Ace for the dining room-




My fave thrifted gingerbread couple! 


New cookie jar, love it!


New gnome with lighted LED wreath, cycles thru several colors. Love it on the kitchen counter! 


Tree's up, still wrapping things, mostly for our Grandsons-

Star fell off, the glue is drying! 













Hoping for some snow on Christmas! Monday is the Winter Solstice and the return of the light. Days will start getting longer!!! I'm ready. 

4 comments:

Goatldi said...

It all looks great!

I will see if Genna wants to bake up that Amish beauty when she is here after Christmas.

I will toss you for the light. Now that we spend almost 8 months out of 12 in DLS I am no where near more light . In fact I would like to see it turned back to beginning the first Sunday in October for Standard time. If the truth be known I would greedily like Standard time all 12 months.

Nancy In Boise said...

Yes it's a great dish! I agree going back to standard time, we're not an agrarian society anymore. Part of it for me is letting the old year slip away

Mama Pea said...

Your new cookie jar is delightful! Love it. Must admit that the shortened daylight hours over the winter months don't bother me much as I begin to lose my steam and want to doze off in early evening at any time of the year! ;o) Your holiday decorations are so much fun to see. Thanks for sharing.

Nancy In Boise said...

Thanks Mama! Yes I do occasionally take naps in the winter especially if I haven't slept very well the night before. I'm more likely to do it in the winter than the summer it seems. Cookie jars fun for sure and I think I'm gnomed up for now! Last year I got a couple of tea towels and then there's the stuffed ones around the house that I put out. I just really like the Scandinavian take on tomtens. The farm gnomes protect the Farm all year then around Christmas time the farmers put out bowls of porridge nice and warm as a thank you

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...