Life on a little urban homestead in the making, with ideas for self-sufficiency, Permaculture, DIYing, organic gardening, food preservation, Chicken keeping, cookery, crafts, thrifting and more...

Jan 22, 2017

Home-Style Smothered Chicken, Kodiak Pancakes/Syrup Review


Home-Style Smothered Chicken-
One of my recent goals has been making a big batch of something for multiple dinners, every weekend and without getting bored. My favorite Smothered Chicken recipe is from the same cookbook that has my favorite fried chicken recipe Littlehomesteadinboise.blogspot.com. I bought 2 big packs of boneless chicken thighs for $12.00, about 6 lbs. or more.  I doubled the recipe, making several dinners and then some! I used a big lasagna pan. Recipe below-

No time to type it out, sorry

It's simple but very tasty. You could really season it anyway you like, but I like the onion and thyme. I added baby carrots. I served with big cheesy herb biscuits and a kale salad. Yummy!



Kodiak Pancakes/Syrup Review-
I saw this pancake mix at Costco a while back and decided to buy some yesterday. FYI, This is not a paid for endorsement! I made some today, you can add just water, or milk, or milk/egg. Nice flavor, lots of protein, whole grains. $8.00 for a BIG box with three envelopes inside. I like pancakes once in a while but wanted more whole grains, protein, and easy to make, so this is the ticket! I first saw this brand when I bought this syrup a few months back-


Best fruit syrup I've ever had hands down! I'm not a maple fan. Tons of fruits, little else, nice and "clean". Their website is here for more info- Kodiakcakes.com


3 comments:

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Oh my, that plate of food looks so good!

Susan said...

When I used to travel south, there was a lot of 'smothered' dishes. Smothered in delicious-ness, I'd say! Thankfully, I am fan of maple syrup, since I am surrounded by it!

Nancy In Boise said...

Thanks I love his Lowland cookbook, lots of great dishes. For some reason I have never cared for maple go figure!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...