Life on a little urban homestead in the making, with ideas for self-sufficiency, Permaculture, DIYing, organic gardening, food preservation, Chicken keeping, cookery, crafts, thrifting and more...

May 24, 2014

Planting The Veggie Garden Day! The Romper Room


Planting The Veggie Garden Day!
We're went out and bought our veggie starts, and 2 more cane berries. Our one Marionberry finally died, but I found some locally! They can be hard to find. We're moving a raspberry that's not getting enough sun, then will add the 2 Marionberries to the area. I've been looking much more critically at what grows well here for us. I'm sticking with small to medium size tomatoes. I gave up on the little, tiny cherry ones and the really big ones. I bought- paste, Mr. Stripey, Lemonboy, cherry, and some heritage ones. I also found some heritage N.M. peppers, banana yellow peppers, lemon cukes (my fave!), yellow squash, Japanese eggplants, jalapenos, garden salsa peppers for salsas. I will see if I have room for some bush beans. Since we enlarged the garden there's a lot more room. I wish I had a greenhouse, but maybe in the future. We could actually put one in the new bed, but it's pretty narrow...


Oh it's all so green!


My fave- sweeter, plumper and juicier than blackberries

Starbuck's cups worked well, no cutleaf damage on chard and kale! Collard greens seeds have sprouted...

A little something for my new wooden flower pot


The Romper Room-
It was busy, busy today in the romper room. The girls were running, trying to fly, having a blast. They've really grown in the last 2 weeks!

Who's that?


Little Pru (barred rock) thought she'd hog the mirror

All snuggled up

Pru finally joined the group, then nap time, they all fell fast asleep...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...