Life on a little urban homestead in the making, with ideas for self-sufficiency, Permaculture, DIYing, organic gardening, food preservation, Chicken keeping, cookery, crafts, thrifting and more...

Feb 20, 2012

More Independence Day Challenge Progress & Great Website!


Photo from Mytinyplot.co.uk  What a gorgeous website! I want some Pineberries now!!!

I realized today that I was doing more than I probably realized! That's good, and since I had the day off work today, I did some projects:

Under-

Waste not- Should be waist not! I used my sewing machine and altered about 10 blouses, easy to do when you just take them in thru the sides/waist. Now they fit! It's great shrinking! I scored some great jeans yesterday from a thrift store...

Preserve something- I realized that I buy bulk periodically and stash it in my bedroom pantry closet (photo coming soon). I bought used doilies and washed and ironed someone else beautiful handiwork. I'll post new pics now that they're ironed.

Want not- Re-organized my hall closet, got rid of out-date meds, and kept what's useful.


Snow's melting, dang!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...