Here's the post about how we bought this little cutie- A Man's Life Saved... After Dave put it up on top of the coop last fall I decided that I would just wait until spring to paint it. There's a photo below what the original look like that I found online, although there were lots of versions-
What it looked like when we took it down -
First I covered up the deer area with a clean ziploc bag and masking tape. I wanted to basically repaint the green area and not transfer too much to the deer and the black paint area. I decided to leave it as is. Some of the versions of this had the light tan paint.
I started off by painting the green grass below the deer and then set that aside to dry. Next I painted all of the black pieces flat black, just shows very shiny when it was wet. I did each side and then waited a while and then did the other side.
Next I did the silver aluminum spheres. I knew they would be challenging since the aluminum was really smooth and probably wouldn't grab the paint as well. They took several coats and there were a few drip marks, but it's 10 feet up in the air, who will notice!
Last I just touched up in the areas that still needed a few spots of paint. After it was all dry Dave put it back together and up on top of the coop. I love the way it came out! Looks almost like new. Should last another 50 years hopefully.
Chipotle Jackfruit Tacos-
I found this recipe and gave it a shot, and it came out nice! I did use about 1/3 can of adobo sauce, too bland as is. Recipe here- Forksoverknives
I used to make this with chicken, just omitted it, and used the rest of the ingredients. I used the On The Border Spicy Dressing, some Cojito cheese on top, came out great! The long thin strips are Jicama, crunchy, sweet and so good for you! Didn't miss the meat...