Anya's Eye- Courtesy of Hubby
Independence Days Challenge-
1. Plant Something- Too early
2. Harvest Something- Eggs
3. Preserve/Store Something- Still doing water kefir, does that count???
4. Manage Reserves- Get a Good Deal/Barter/Stock Up/Prep- Got some great deals yesterday on eBay, and clearance LL Bean. And thrifting today. I'm trying to stock up on some more spring weight tops for work, as spring came early! Maybe. If you follow me much you'll know I LOVE LL Bean! I could plan a whole vacation to Maine around going to their big store, their clearance store, and home store. THEN it would be off to see lighthouses and eat lobsta! All of their items that I have bought over the years (new and used on eBay/thrifted) last FOREVER. And they have amazing customer service. I have returned things for odd problems. Full refund. They really cultivate the idea of long term customers, works for me! I also bought a new pair of Sketcher's leather sneaker clogs. Worked great for post surgery foot. Mine were all worn out, so I bought a new pair with a coupon.
LL Bean flagship store- Freeport, Maine
5. Eat the Food- Try New Foods/Recipe- Working on freezer more. Got out some nectarines and rhubarb for a cobbler today.
6. Build Community Food Systems- Not right now.
7. Recycle/Re-Use- Made donations. Looking at re-doing a small bathroom counter in our tiny bathroom. You can do tile/stone on top of laminate. It's really small, between 2 walls, so a good option! Much cheaper than getting a brand new counter top.
8. Skill Up- Learned how to do prep for tile/stone on top of laminate. Getting ready for cataract surgery on the 11th, oh joy. More later.
9. Regenerate What is Lost/Salvage Something- Bought some used clothes, will add new buttons. Will be re-doing our big bathroom, hopefully soon! Can't wait!
Dark Days Dessert :)
Well, I'll be the first to admit, I just forgot to do this much. Oh well. The best laid plans.... Anyway I pulled out some homegrown, organic nectarines and rhubarb for a cobbler today. It's what's for dessert today!