Life on a little urban homestead in the making, with ideas for self-sufficiency, Permaculture, DIYing, organic gardening, food preservation, Chicken keeping, cookery, crafts, thrifting and more...

Dec 17, 2016

New Grandbaby! More Snow, Cold & Holiday Cheer, Another eBay Find!


New Grand Baby!
Well, here is our new second grand baby boy named Oliver. We was born last night, 9 lbs., 4 ounces. Big boy!!! We met Oliver this morning and he was resting nicely along with Mom and Dad. He's eating well and they will go home late tomorrow. My son in law loves children and will be awesome parent along with my daughter! It's amazing to have our first two grandchildren in one year. River in May and now Oliver. Just in time for the holidays!!! And do you like my new header at the top? I wanted something new, time for a change!


I love snowmen!

More Snow, Cold & Holiday Cheer-
Tonite's it's going to be in single digits again, brrrr. It was sunny today, with a high of about 22. It was 7 this morning when I woke up. We had another 2 inches of snow Wed., really pretty. Longer commutes, but the roads are getting a bit drier, but still icy. We've had three rounds of snow storms so far, more then usual. This "deep freeze" nationally has hit us too. We've added more pine shavings to the coop, kept the heat lamp on at night. We use a ceramic heat disc for reptiles and a hard wired in red bulb. Helps some, but not "warm". The hens came out today in the sun and have started laying again, not that their molting is down. The extra protein seems to have really helped! We got our holiday decor up, I will finish the Chritsmas tree tomorrow. Since we have a new grand baby we were out today more than usual! We're feeding and pottying their dog and 2 cats. My oldest daughter had her 30th birthday this well. Busy week! Here's some pics of this weeks weather and some inside shots-

Fresh snow on our outdoor lights

Mr. Troll is buried this time!

Backyard

Front porch

Santa's of the World, USA left, Norway right

Germany

My faux tin house

Love the birds, from Target years ago

More birds :) 

My chalk painted table with more snowmen, all thrifted



Another eBay Find!
I really scored last week on eBay!!! I changed jobs a year ago and was no longer needing a REALLY heavy, bulky winter coat for morning bus duty. I am keeping that coat, but I needed something more medium weight, rain and weather proof. I LOVE L.L. Bean, but new their coats are more spendy than I can afford right now. Lots of medical bills with my hand surgery and other things. I looked at thrift stores, local retail stores and eBay. I went to a store to find a "sale" coat, and it turned out to be an online sales only, of course :( I went back to eBay and bought this L.L. Bean parka coat instead. I saved $45-$75., but it's also MUCH heavier construction. More features- pockets, flaps, lined collar, has a detachable hood, which I love! If I'm going to buy something I want it to last. It was warm and toasty this morning and less bulky, I am loving it!!! Thanks eBay!!!

1 comment:

Edye Nicole said...

Congrats on your new grand baby! He's so cute!!! Happy holidays :)

Blessings,
Edye | Http://gracefulcoffee.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...