Life on a little urban homestead in the making, with ideas for self-sufficiency, Permaculture, DIYing, organic gardening, food preservation, Chicken keeping, cookery, crafts, thrifting and more...

Apr 17, 2016

Pressure Washing And More Prep, Baby Shower


Pressure Washing And More Prep-
I've had the wheezy, croupy crud for the last 2 weeks and was out sick a few days from work. So no blog posts! I finally slept thru the night last week. I won't bore you with the details but prescription meds where involved, ick. Dave kept to his paint prep schedule and our neighbor loaned him his pressure washer! Awesome, and Dave cleaned the house and the back deck. What a difference! Our Trex decking is gray and about 10 years old. While I have scrubbed it in the past the deck pressure washing made it look new! We also found an area around one bedroom window with water coming, time to re-caulk. We FINALLY finished choosing our new paint color, going from beige (boring) to a gray with darker denim blue/gray trim. With the red brick we think it will be a nice combo. We did a test paint area, great idea. We also took down our four old icky plastic front shutters. Dave made more cedar trim for the windows and garage door, much nicer. He had already made these for the back as it needed something after we installed our new windows years ago. Photos soon...

Bye bye shutters and beige paint!


Baby Shower-
I offered to host and coordinate a baby shower for my daughter, who is due with our first Grandchild in early June. Coordinating with 3 others daughters has been a bit of a challenge. I tend to be very detailed oriented and write things down. In the long run it came together. Since the group was bigger than I was expecting I moved it outside to our back yard. I had planned on an inside shower since April is dicey weather-wise, but it was 65 and sunny today. My neighbor loaned us outside tables and chairs as she used to cater weddings. I bought some fun jungle themed decor and we had the food inside. I created a drink bar (no alcohol) on my garden bench outside covering it with a burlap runner (sorry no pics). I added balloons and fresh gerbera daisies. Everyone loved it! We ate, drank, played games and they (Dad attended too) opened gifts. Off to bed, I pooped!!! What a great day.



My daughter Michelle's original artwork for the nursery, with thick felt, 
very tactile! Much prettier in real life...

6 comments:

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

We are getting outside now too to get work done. Glad you are feeling better.

Mama Pea said...

Sounds like you've got a good, running start on spring projects.

Must be exciting waiting for your first grandchild. Do they know the sex?

Susan said...

I see your daughter has inherited your creative talent...looks like a wonderful baby shower!

Nancy In Boise said...

Thanks

Nancy In Boise said...

It's a boy, named River..

Nancy In Boise said...

It was a ton of work but worth it :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...