Life on a little urban homestead in the making, with ideas for self-sufficiency, Permaculture, DIYing, organic gardening, food preservation, Chicken keeping, cookery, crafts, thrifting and more...

Apr 2, 2016

Decorating With Pitchers, Spring Painting Preps & Buds, Tuscan Beef Ragu Recipe


In the dining room

Decorating With Pitchers-
I've always loved the old vintage French-style metal pitchers. They can be spendy and we're on a budget like everyone else. I bought these tow pitchers at Ikea and then couldn't quite decide how to fill them? I saw an Ikea shot that inspired me, since I pretty bored with the white on white I see everywhere else. I'm not trendy and I can live with that! Too much white can be too flat visually in my opinion.  

From Ikea

 Bingo, some colors! So I bought flowers these at Hobby Lobby today, 1/2 off, all for $5.00-



In my little powder room, my 2nd little pitcher, reminds me of the ocean!



Spring Painting Preps & Buds-
We'll be painting our house next month, so Dave's prepping the siding. We had a small boring vent up near the top of our front garage. We looked around and found some nice cedar ones. I wanted something with curves since the house is such a little rectangular box. We bought this through Home Depot after not being able to find a used one. Dave did a great job installing it today. It just needs some sealing then paint. We're leaning towards sage green for the color? Anyway, it's a nice touch to an otherwise boring area. I had a copper star there so that will get moved to another part of the front of the house.


And buds, lots of buds!!!
  
New peach tree has lots of buds!

Pear buds!

Ornamental cherry too

Apple tree is budding, but now flowers yet. It's 70 today and Dave mowed for the first time. Welcome Spring!!!



Tuscan Beef Ragu-
Last weekend I made this new recipe and loved it- Tuscan Beef Ragu  I made it in my big enameled pot and the meat came out so tender! I served it on linguine. Add some crusty french bread and that's it baby. Try it, this is great stuff! You could add mushrooms too or add other veggies.


4 comments:

Mama Pea said...

Isn't it amazing how very realistic the artificial flowers look these days? Your arrangements in the pitchers are lovely.

Yes, the curved vent over your garage door adds so much. A lot better than another rectangular or square line would be. Good luck with your painting project next month!

Nancy In Boise said...

Thanks Mama...

Susan said...

You two have been busy! I love the color combinations - the flowers look so real!

Nancy In Boise said...

Yes, although mine was much less labor! I only recently started buying fake flowers, Hobby Lobby's are really realistic!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...