Life on a little urban homestead in the making, with ideas for self-sufficiency, Permaculture, DIYing, organic gardening, food preservation, Chicken keeping, cookery, crafts, thrifting and more...

Mar 13, 2016

A Simple St. Patrick's Day Celebration


A Simple St. Patrick's Day Celebration- 
Being part Irish I always enjoy St Patrick's Day. I keep it simple with both food and decor. We have an American but somewhat traditional Irish celebration. I'm making a wonderful corned beef brisket (uncured from Trader Joe's) right now in the crock pot. We'll have carrots, cabbage and baby fingerling potatoes tonite. Since the holiday is on a work day this year we'll celebrate today. As usual I got a nice "flat cut" cut. I always use the seasoning packet, adding a tablespoon of pepper corns, some smashed fresh garlic and bay leaves. Simmer for 1 hour per pound, and it will come out really tender! I keep the decor simple as well with a few touchs in the house-


Translates to "Ireland Forever"

More green

a few shamrocks for good luck!

my favorite wall hanging I got years ago, wood and rust :) 

bunny is wearing the green too, sort of


HAPPY SAINT PATRICK'S DAY!!!

4 comments:

Mama Pea said...

The closest I come to having any Irish in me is my maternal ancestors from Scotland . . . which I suppose doesn't count for much!

Happy St. Patrick's Day to you, Nancy.

Nancy In Boise said...

Thanks and the Scots ad Irish migrated you know :)

Susan said...

Scots in my background and lots of English - I celebrate anyway. The Irish have more fun!! Happy St. Patty's Day to you!

Nancy In Boise said...

You too Susan!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...