Independence Days Challenge-
Here's an update of the last 2 weeks:
1. Plant Something- Too early but will start some seeds soon!
2. Harvest Something- Eggs, and more eggs!
3. Preserve/Store Something- Started some more fermented veggies, radishes and carrots with dill-
4. Manage Reserves- Get a Good Deal/Barter/Stock Up/Prep- Got good deals on more LED lights for the house. I think we'll buy this to start seeds in, finally, and a good deal! Gardman Mini-Greenhouse
I think it's a good deal for $38.00 and free shipping
5. Eat the Food- Try New Foods/Recipe- Been eating a lot more fruits and veggies and much less wheat. I'm shrinking :)
6. Build Community Food Systems- Selling excess eggs at work.
7. Recycle/Re-Use- Made donations to thrift store. When I buy more, I donate more.
8. Skill Up- Learned some things about electrical after Dave installed 2 new dimmers this weekend.
9. Regenerate What is Lost/Salvage Something- Moved 3 rhubarb plants to a sunnier/part shade spot. More room and should grow better.
Happy St. Pat's Day!!!-
In honor of St. Patrick's Day I made an early Irish dinner last night. Corned beef and veggies. I got out my BIG vintage biscuit cutter and made big buttermilk biscuits too!!! Yummy...
Just add a grainy mustard and horseradish
I used 1/2 unbleached and 1/2 WW flour