Life on a little urban homestead in the making, with ideas for self-sufficiency, Permaculture, DIYing, organic gardening, food preservation, Chicken keeping, cookery, crafts, thrifting and more...

Jul 14, 2014

A Trip Down Memory Lane


A Trip Down Memory Lane-
My Mom was a HUGE William Holden fan. Brilliant actor as I discovered much later, and gorgeous :)   I saw this movie on TV as a kid (made before I was born) and I've had this film score section stuck in my head my whole life. Beautiful cinematography. Turn up the speaker, enlarge and see what romance used to look like. When Holden's and Kim Novak's faces come close together, oh boy. Almost made me swoon... Part of this scene's score is the famous song Moonglow And if you haven't seen it rent The Bridge on the River Kwai, a great film for him. Thanks Bill...




3 comments:

Michelle said...

I love classic movies. Seen this movie several times.

Susan said...

Any guy that rolls his shirt sleeves up over his biceps is A-OK in my book...great clip - I haven't seen this in ages.

Unknown said...

Yes, I watched it several times, great clip...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...