Happy Groundhog's Day!
1. Plant Something- Nope
2. Harvest Something- Eggs, kitty cuddles :)
3. Preserve/Store Something- More stuff to the freezer.
4. Manage Reserves- Get a Good Deal/Barter/Stock Up/Prep- Converting tea bags to use in the Keurig coffee maker, easy peasy! Just snip and dump.
5. Eat the Food- Try New Foods/Recipe- I found a new recipe for eggs baked on top of mushrooms here Sauteed Mushrooms W/Baked Eggs and Flatbread Will try that later this week.
6. Build Community Food Systems- Nope
7. Recycle/Re-Use- Bought some thrifted goodies below.
8. Skill Up- Got some new ideas for my job, from other school peers. Learned some new medical stuff sadly about upcoming treatment. Something common, but was not ready for this at my age. More later :(
9. Regenerate What is Lost/Salvage Something- Dave added a new coop vent for better air circulation in the winter. It was $2.00, small vent slots and weather proof. Will regenerate part of my body :)
Wooden Rosemaling folk art plate, $3.00
We hit a couple of places today out running errands. All of these were less than $20.00 I found a like-new blow dryer, and big barrel curling iron. $3.00 each. I also bought the really Rosemaling wooden nice plate (above) at the Habitat For Humanity used building supplies store, $3.00 also. Dave scored too! He found a vintage Kodak (Made in America) metal pictures bin, full of parts, for $5.00-
We may fill it full of old cameras, or turn it into a indoor planter
I also found this wonderful blue French-made ceramic bowl, our new salad bowl. Anya had to investigate-
Can I sit in it?
I wadded up the receipt, play time!
Dark Days Meal-
Tonight it's homemade pizza with local dough, and homemade pesto! Yum!
What Game Day?
While I find football incredibly BORING, I did find this fake beer ad video really funny! Some bleeps so watch when the kids are gone-
My New Favorite Singer!!!-
I caught the end of this concert late one night with Sara Bareilles, and about fell out of my chair. I had heard her singing Love Song quite a while back. What a set of pipes! She also writes and plays the piano brilliantly. Crank up the volume on the first one, it's a very unusual cover- Goodbye Yellow Brick Road. I read when Bernie Taupin wrote the lyrics they were directed at Elton John. Bernie wanted to stay simple and be behind the scenes as a lyricist. Elton, not so much obviously... Makes perfect sense...
Love Song, funny video! Pop fluff :)