Life on a little urban homestead in the making, with ideas for self-sufficiency, Permaculture, DIYing, organic gardening, food preservation, Chicken keeping, cookery, crafts, thrifting and more...

Mar 15, 2012

Greening Up, Freezer and Fishing


Things are Greening Up!
The grass is getting green, the perennials are starting to show, and my rhubarb is up! Spring is really here early. It poured rain last night and today. A break this afternoon, then more forecast tonite and tomorrow. I bought some daffodils (all closed) last night, today- all open! Below is my little side table in the living room - some fresh flowers, the Irish flag for this week, and my horsetails. A little spring inside

I loved the green nature photos on Mytinyplot! Gorgeous! It's amazing what we don't see each day...

Freezer- We've been looking into buying a chest freezer, to be able to store more food. It does pay to shop around. We thought about getting a used one, but the 7 cu ft. sizes aren't a bad deal, new. I found a great deal on some corned beef, for St. Patty's day. I will buy more hopefully to freeze, as I'm hoping for one this weekend. I'm hoping to plant at least one more fruit tree, so the space will really help. I'm going to re-do my pantry closet, and store more fast. Gas prices are WAY up, and this looks like the long haul for now, maybe.

Fishing- I'm looking into taking some fishing classes, or finding a group of local women to fish with. No "catch and release" for me! I want some fish to eat! More local "food" :)  I'll post something when I get something going.

2 comments:

Candy C. said...

Love the daffodils, so cheerful!
Good luck with your fishing endeavors, I like to go for just the reason you do, food for the freezer! :) I need to talk hubby into going sometime soon...

Unknown said...

Thanks! I love yellow this time of year afer the short days...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...