Life on a little urban homestead in the making, with ideas for self-sufficiency, Permaculture, DIYing, organic gardening, food preservation, Chicken keeping, cookery, crafts, thrifting and more...

Jan 27, 2012

Rest In Peace Buffy




Poor Buffy, our Orpington, died today. I noticed last night she was droopy, so we checked her this morning and I brought her in. She was very flushed and droopy. I gave her water with a dropper and some high calorie paste, but I could tell she probably wouldn't make it. I suspect from her straining and trying to push that she had been egg-bound, and developed a nasty infection. There was no egg this morning. She had passed by lunch time when Dave came home. Rest in peace beautiful girl. Mommy loves you... 

4 comments:

Candy C. said...

Oh Nancy I'm so sorry! It's so hard when we lose one of the critters that we love! {{HUGS}}

Unknown said...

Yes, and when you only have 3 it's tough. I guess I'll be getting 2 babies in the spring!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

So sorry Nancy. Hugs.

Unknown said...

Thanks

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...