Life on a little urban homestead in the making, with ideas for self-sufficiency, Permaculture, DIYing, organic gardening, food preservation, Chicken keeping, cookery, crafts, thrifting and more...

Oct 2, 2011

Fall Fare- Turkey Salisbury and White Bean Mash

After a marathon day of house cleaning, grocery shopping, car washing and yard work, I made some simple comfort food for dinner. With a big rain storm coming in soon, it was beat the clock, yeah rain!!! It was a new recipe I tried from Better Homes & Gardens, and it was great! I doubled the mushrooms, cause I like em! I served it with a green salad with homegrown tomatoes and the buttermilk herb dressing I made yesterday. Lighter than the old version and more Italian,with the tuscan-style white beans with thyme. The fresh lemon juice was perfect in it. I just love mushrooms in the fall....

Recipe Here - Turkey Salisbury Steaks with White Bean Mash



And a chicken update- here's Ellie, called "chicken with thyme":


And Buffy-   both not quite laying yet, but soon!

1 comment:

Candy C. said...

Love your chickie girls! :)
That recipe looks great! I'm with you on the mushrooms! ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...