Life on a little urban homestead in the making, with ideas for self-sufficiency, Permaculture, DIYing, organic gardening, food preservation, Chicken keeping, cookery, crafts, thrifting and more...

Oct 5, 2011

Autumn Rain...

Autumn Rain- Ah, it finally rained! Actually poured most of the day. I wore a flannel blouse to work for a change, and we're getting out the winter jammies for tonite. The chickens were in all day, so I gave them some rolled oats, their favorite treat. Then I collected the one egg, sigh. Hopefully the other two will start laying soon, and earn their keep! Here's my rain-soaked fall flag by our front door tonite-


Pretty soon it'll be time for some ghoulish decor outside!!!! I loved this-



from here- Pocketmerlin.tumblr.com  Kind of blingy and different!!!

What a Great Idea!- Pies Baked in Mason Jars!!! -  roseprairiequilts.blogspot.com  or call them..."Cutie Pies"


Just an FYI- I find it EXTREMELY frustrating that I can't respond to a comment on my own blog, and get error messages repeatedly. Blogger needs to work on some bugs evidently. According to google I'm not the only one :(

1 comment:

Candy C. said...

I think we are getting the edge of your storm down here in AZ. It's pretty chilly today but will warm back up by Sunday. I recently changed my comment format on Blogger at someone's suggestion. She said she was having problems leaving comments on blogs that had "embedded" comment format. If you go to "settings" and then "comments" and then change the "comment form placement" from embedded to pop-up window that might help. I think I like it better this way anyway! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...