Life on a little urban homestead in the making, with ideas for self-sufficiency, Permaculture, DIYing, organic gardening, food preservation, Chicken keeping, cookery, crafts, thrifting and more...

May 15, 2021

Oh What Blogger Fun, Not

 


Oh What Blogger Fun, Not-
If you use Blogspot you may have been in the same boat as me last night. I went to my blog and got a red screen saying my blog was full of malware, etc. 



Oh what fun, NOT! I didn't know what was going on, then got an email that one of my posts had been deleted by blogger. I did a post about the red screen which was also promptly deleted too, with an email. I could feel my blood pressure rising! Would my entire blog be deleted??? Panic mode. I did back up my blog, although I was worried about the malware issue with that. I posted a help question in the Blogger community saying what happened. I guess it was an error on their part. I did get 2 emails early this morning saying the posts had been re-instated, with a URL, which didn't work. I also got some emails from answers on the Help post. I stumbled on the one recent post (the other from March) and it was in the "draft" mode. Glad to find them! I re-published the one from March The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly It did appear to go back to it's original publishing date. If this happened to you atleast you know what the fix might be for you! Wow what crappy way to the the work week. But atleast it's fixed...


11 comments:

Chy said...

I had this happen last night as well, though no posts disappeared. Terrified me as I've put 10 years in to my blog. I shut my computer down and came back a few hours later to a intact blog and no red notes. Now my question is .... how do I back up my blog? If anyone knows, I'd love to know so I can be prepared "just in case."

Glad all is well and you didn't lose any posts either!

Chy

1st Man said...

Same here! And I was panicked too. The blog came back up probably the same time yours (and everyone's) did. This morning I got the same email this morning and my post is gone too. It's so scary.

Nancy In Boise said...

If you're using Blogspot you can go into your settings and scroll down to an area where it says export your blog. You can export it to your desktop or a thumb drive whatever. And then if you ever need to you can re import it. After last night I'm thinking about looking at a.com at some point

Nancy In Boise said...

Hopefully it should be in your drafts folder and you can republish it from there

Chy said...

Thank you Nancy. I'll try this suggestion! X Chy

Nancy In Boise said...

Sure hopefully will work for you too!

MONK said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
freshvintagebylisas said...

Nancy,
Yikes! Thanks for reminding us about back up. I need to do this today.
xo Lisa S

Nancy In Boise said...

Yes always a good thing to do! And it's always good for me I back up on two different places one on a desktop and one on an old fashioned thumb drive or external hard drive. Two backups are always better than one

Leigh said...

Wow! How did I miss out on all the fun? It is a good reminder to back up the old blog. On my way to do it now.

Nancy In Boise said...

Yes, Leigh stuff happens!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...