Life on a little urban homestead in the making, with ideas for self-sufficiency, Permaculture, DIYing, organic gardening, food preservation, Chicken keeping, cookery, crafts, thrifting and more...

Aug 4, 2020

Updating Home Office/ Adding Desk Extension


Updating Home Office/ Adding Desk Extension-
When I started working from home in late March I didn't know how long it was going to be. We had a nice little desk in our spare bedroom that Dave mostly used. I decided to start using it. It faces the front yard, facing East and has a nice view out the window-


Previously in my office at work I had two monitors, which I really needed. Since they were moving out a huge amount of staff at once I only got one monitor, which was frustrating but I got used to it. This week they gave some of us second monitors, and some extra equipment since it looks like we'll be working from home permanently. Permanently is a loose term since who knows how long that means? Anyway I picked up my second monitor and this weekend Dave built me an extension for my current desk to have room for it-

2nd monitor waiting

End of desk

Luckily I saw the keyboard tray that I had Dave remove from the desk on the floor. I had a eureka moment thinking that we could basically use the keyboard extension as an extension on the desk to hold the other monitor. Dave used some heavy brackets and added a pine leg for stability-

works great!!!


I also wanted to update some of the decor as the walls are a light sage green, but is a cooler color. Some of the art on the walls were dark blacks and grays, which seemed too dark. So I swapped out some prints that I already had with white or light backgrounds. Then I bought a few things at Big Lots. I got a really cute little faux wreath, a white faux mini farm door and little wooden sign that says Live Simply with a white background. The sign was $5 and the wreath was $6, door was $20-








I transformed my previous home office into my full-time work office with a little bit more pizzazz. I also decided to reorganize our canning and storage rack so it looked a little bit nicer. Those little things to tweak. When you're working in a home office 8 hours a day and 5 days a week you notice all the little annoying things,  messy rack-




Before, messy desk shelves-




 After shelf shot-


 Also cleared off  small organizer with drawers-



I also re-purposed my thrifted frame/ home printed sign I had in my old office-


Now in my main hall with my lemon topiary I made!

3 comments:

Debby said...

Everything looks so neat - I have 2 rooms that need to be cleaned up. I would never take a photo of them as they are now.

Nancy In Boise said...

Thanks! I always like before and after shots personally :)

Kelly - Simple Life Mom said...

The room looks so nice. Great touches to make it feel organized and beautiful at the same time. Thanks for sharing with us on the Homestead Blog Hop. Hope to see more this Wednesday.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...