Life on a little urban homestead in the making, with ideas for self-sufficiency, Permaculture, DIYing, organic gardening, food preservation, Chicken keeping, cookery, crafts, thrifting and more...

Dec 22, 2019

A Peek At Christmas & Holiday Decor, Smoked Sausage Stroganoff



A Peek At Christmas &  Holiday Decor- 
It was 61 degrees today! Crazy, but temporary. Maybe some snow on the way tomorrow night. I'm working tomorrow with vacation for Christmas Eve and we're closed Christmas day. We've been so busy we finally got the tree up last week and decorated today, Sunday. It's great to have so much nostalgia when you put out the old family items, and we also enjoy so many of the unique thrifted pieces! We enjoyed a really nice Solstice celebration last night, celebrating the return of the light! And the sun came out today, a nice change. So, here's a peek of the house, and a cat-

Neighbor cat Posie decorating our empty birdbath, enjoying the sun!

I took a few things to work for holiday decor, and realized the red paint was all faded-


A little red paint and new raffia, much better! I love recycling! 


  
Dining room Yule shelf

Kitchen window

Star lights

My new tractor!

Two pieces and I love it!

Kitchen desk

Dining room

Love my mercury glass birds

Living room

Vintage Santas Of the World by Hallmark

Entryway
  


Living room window

Love the Gnomes!

Balls on the Ball jars!



Back hallway

Love my $3.00 sign

Master bathroom

Bedroom

Small new bathroom shelf

Bought the little white tree and used my old little pot

Our bedroom tree- I added two birds and a tree house to little tree

More living room



Coffee table basin







Grandson's stockings

New towels, like candy canes!



Smoked Sausage Stroganoff-
Oh this is SO GOOD! I found this in my copy of Rachel Khoo's Little Swedish Kitchen book I bought last year. It's here, so try it, you'll love it!  Smoked Sausage Stroganoff 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...