Life on a little urban homestead in the making, with ideas for self-sufficiency, Permaculture, DIYing, organic gardening, food preservation, Chicken keeping, cookery, crafts, thrifting and more...

Aug 12, 2019

The Great Sardini Sandwich, Greek Horiatiki Salad, Thrifting Scores! DIY Charging Station



The Great Sardini Sandwich-
Years ago I was trying to find unusual recipes too add more fish to my diet. Loving any Italian food I spotted this recipe here Seattletimes.com I will tell you right off the bat- THIS DOES NOT TASTE LIKE FISHY SARDINES! I tastes more like an amazing olive Italian Tapenade. I used to hand chop the olives but it was much faster to use my favorite non-electric chopper, with razor sharp blades. Ten pulls and all the olives were chopped! Easy to clean, easy to store and fast, what's not to love?

                                              

I used Cajun's Choice Blackened Seasoning that I found locally at the grocery store. Great on chicken as well, I've used it for years! ! I only had some Ciabatta bread on hand, so I broiled it and used that. Amazing!!!




Greek Horiatiki Salad-
I stumbled onto this recipe, and it's a keeper! The green bell pepper really makes it. Try this and you won't be disappointed! Eatingeuropean.com



Thrifting Scores!
I stopped by a Goodwill store Saturday and really scored! The hand-stitched  piece above was $2.99, it's 12" x 5". Looks handmade and prim, probably barely used. I'll find a spot for that! Next the cute chicken sign-

Marked "Hobby Lobby" $7.99, got it for $2.99. 

A gorgeous, like-new Crown Stoneware tea pot with built-in filter that's removable, $5.00-




Last I found a gorgeous, made-in-Italy Merino wool lightweight cardigan, perfect for Fall, $5.00! It is so SOFT! Probably really expensive new-






DIY Charging Station-
I was really tired of the mess of devices and cords in the kitchen taking up counter space-



Not safe and messy. I had a Eureka moment looking at my Ikea step stool. I got out the 2 charging cords, plugged them into an extension cord into the wall behind the little pine entertainment center. Problem solved!!! The fan will go away soon, but it's easy to get to. 


Now we're off to pick more peaches!


10 comments:

Dicky Bird said...

Good finds. Peach envy....

Nancy In Boise said...

Thanks, they're Redhaven peaches, delish!

Leigh said...

Nancy, both of those recipes look fantastic. I took a look at them both and had to smile when I saw the Sardini sandwich uses Paul Prudhomme Blackened Redfish Magic Seasoning. I haven't seen a recipe call for that since I lived in Louisiana! I used to love sardines so I may give this one a try. Great thrifting too. Love the teapot with the strainer!

Nancy In Boise said...

Thanks Lee and I just used the blackened fish spice mix I found at the grocery store and it wasn't his version. Is still tasted Great! Yes and with the new teapot I can start buying some bulk teas and play around with those instead of tea bags. Bulk tea is much cheaper and lots of varieties out there too

Rain said...

The peaches look so yummy! Those are some great thrift store finds, I love that pretty cardigan! Oh and the food...that sandwich and salad, look great!!

Nancy In Boise said...

Thanks Rain!

Lisa L Lombardo said...

Love your thrifting finds, Nancy! And the sandwich and salad look wonderful :)

Have a great week!
Thank you for sharing on Farm Fresh Tuesdays! Hope to see what you are up to again this week :)

Goatldi said...

Windfall for you on all counts! Salad is so colorful.

Nancy In Boise said...

Thanks I had a great shopping trip and some great food!

Nancy In Boise said...

Thanks Lisa sorry I didn't reply sooner but your comment went into my spam folder

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...