Life on a little urban homestead in the making, with ideas for self-sufficiency, Permaculture, DIYing, organic gardening, food preservation, Chicken keeping, cookery, crafts, thrifting and more...

Dec 1, 2018

Thrifting Scores! First Snow Coming, Egg Competition? New Job = Decorating Fun!


Thrifting Scores!
Last week I found some really great stuff! I also made more donations. I found these 2 heavy ceramic topiaries, $5.00 each! What a find, very nice!!!


Base, heavy planter


I knew these would work great on my entertainment center shelf and I can decorate seasonally. Easy to move around as well. I added these lights (didn't fuss much) love them! The large ceramic bird below was $3.00, also very French Country!



I found this made-in-France Pyrex baking set, only $5.00! I never knew they made glassware there! 


 I saw this cute galvanized Autumn metal sign for $3.00 at a local grocery store, will save for next year-




 First Snow Coming-
 We have our first snow on the way, very cold and rainy yesterday. I put out a lot of bird food right after work. The birds really came to feed! Doves, squirrels and finches-


We did get snow in the foothills and I'm ready to pt up some winter decor this weekend. Christmas decor will come next. I'm ready for snow!!!





 Egg Competition?
One of our young hens first started laying, then #2. Now we're getting 3 per day. **Update- we got 4 eggs today! All are laying. Is this a competition or what? Maybe their hormones all kicked it at once? We LOVE having fresh eggs again. It's a real part of our urban homesteading, producing our own foods. The hens eat bugs, weeds and fertilize. And lay eggs. Win win.


Mine coming soon!
New Job = Decorating Fun!
After a long, thoughtful process I decided to transfer into another job in my company. I just wanted something simpler, and with more room for growth. I will have a cubicle about the same size as the one above. It will be fun to personalize my space more! I'll have a sit/stand station, a real bonus. Much easier on my back. More soon, doing lots of research on Pinterest! I'm looking forward to the move, new things to learn.

3 comments:

Darwin Girl said...

I like your cool finds.

Nancy In Boise said...

Thanks!

Tarahlynn said...

Love that Fall sign, what a steel! Thanks for sharing with us at the To Grandma's house we go link party, see you next week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...