Life on a little urban homestead in the making, with ideas for self-sufficiency, Permaculture, DIYing, organic gardening, food preservation, Chicken keeping, cookery, crafts, thrifting and more...

Jul 20, 2018

DIY Upcycled Thrifted Camping & Summer Decor



DIY Upcycled  Thrifted Camping & Summer Decor-
Lately I had been seeing a ton of camping related decor on Pinterest. Some were decked out trailers, tents or porches. I also spotted a few inside home camping decor ideas (see my Pinterest folder). We haven't had a real vacation for a few years and I remembered how much we used to love tents camping with the girls. I took some items I already had (except the sign) and decked out my dining room shelf! I started with the Thermos which previously had flags for 4th of July. I went around the house and gathered the other things- 
A mini red oil lantern (that works!), a small white enameled basin with a blue edge, a blue coffee kettle (added fake flowers), a Brownie camera, a fish print from one of our girls (turned side ways), a tree branch I collected from McCall with moss, and an old camping mug that had a candle inside. I thought about aading a compass, but it's buried in the garage. I've also seen a string of wood fake fish, you could do all kinds of things! I liked it! I did splurge and spend about $6.00 on the Relax You're At The Lake sign from Hobby Lobby (with coupon). I felt it tied it together and here's a closer look-







Reminiscing Dave and I decided to go to the lake area we love outside Bend, Oregon next summer and stay at the lodge. Looking forward to it, and a bed and a shower sounds great!

For the main part of the house I always put out some season decor, now it's beach and summer items. Many of these items are thrifted or handmade!

Entertainment center, made the moss ball, green candle holder a gift from my girls

Beach table 

Free online vintage print, thrifted frame
  
Thrifted power line insulators, dollar store birdhouses I painted

Vintage thrifted Ball jar with our sea shells

Thrifted candle holder and lighthouse

Kinetic dolphins "swim"!

Thrifted seagull, shells, fake netting 

Polished up the sun catchers from last weekends yard sale, will hang outside

Kitchen window

Thrifted frame, you can rotate and it changes the shells!


7 comments:

Mama Pea said...

You've got such a good eye for all of your seasonal decorations! I love how you can see something at a thrift store or garage sale and imagine how you can clean it up or upgrade it to fit in so nicely.

Nancy In Boise said...

Thanks Mama, it's fun for sure! And I do get rid of things over time so I don't accumulate too much :)

Leigh said...

It looks great! And so much fun to do it on a shoestring with thrifted and handcrafted items. Never know what you'll find so it stirs up the creative juices for sure. Maybe I should follow your lead with more seasonal decorations. At least it would force me to move current knick-knacks and dust!

Nancy In Boise said...

Thanks Leigh! I just enjoy having a few different seasonal things out periodically and yes it's fun to rotate things as well and I hear you about the dusting! I start moving things that go oh I guess it's time to dust since it's been a few months! I just normal things on a regular basis but it's easy to forget to do certain shelves in my house since they don't really show the Dust. I keep a few plastic totes out in the garage with different seasonal things and then swap things out.

Sheri said...

Thanks for sharing at To Grandma's House We Go DIY, Crafts, Recipes and More Wednesday Link party! Pinned! Hope to see you next time!

Dee | GrammysGrid.com said...

Love all of your coastal décor! I found your post at a party and wanted to let you know that I host parties too. Won’t you drop by and linkup with me?

Beth Watson said...

FABULOUS collections! I’d love for you to join us over at the Creative Crafts Linky Party every Wednesday through Sunday
https://creativelybeth.com/team-creative-crafts-linky-party/
Followed and Pinned!
Creatively, Beth

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...