Life on a little urban homestead in the making, with ideas for self-sufficiency, Permaculture, DIYing, organic gardening, food preservation, Chicken keeping, cookery, crafts, thrifting and more...

Dec 21, 2017

How To Make.........Wait A Minute!!! Construction Ahead

How To Make..........Wait A Minute!!!-
After looking at the 10,000th post somewhere about how to make another item or another baked good or more stuff I realized- wait a minute. Aren't the holidays supposed to be fun and relaxing and spent with families? Or maybe do something to help others? When did it become all about making more stuff or buying more stuff to make the stuff with? When did we become so fixated on just accumulating or gifting more of the homemade kinds of things? I do love crafting, baking and re-purposing fun little items, but it seems to have gotten a bit compulsive. I think the idea of making things for fun has become a I can make more than you can or I can make better than you can competitive kind of thing. It seems to have taken the fun out of it, it's just so excessive. So the next time you think you need to make more stuff, just step away from your device :)




Construction Ahead-
You may seem some changes coming soon with the blog, so stay tuned!!! If you see anything weird looking just come back later. Thanks!!!


4 comments:

Anna of Stuffedveggies said...

An excellent point! thanks for expressing it : )

Nancy In Boise said...

you're welcome!!!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

I love making things by hand. Well shoot, I just posted how to make two candies for Christmas. Sigh...

Nancy In Boise said...

I'm not saying no one should ever make anything by hand it's more just putting it all into perspective I guess

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...