Life on a little urban homestead in the making, with ideas for self-sufficiency, Permaculture, DIYing, organic gardening, food preservation, Chicken keeping, cookery, crafts, thrifting and more...

Feb 19, 2015

Home Office Makeover Part 2, New Italian Wheat-Free Food, Spring Plants/Snow Coming, Dave's Cat Nook

New desk and chair

Home Office Makeover Part 2-
I posted a while back how Dave's new chair turned into an office re-do. We both knew we needed to clean it up and reorganize it. With the all kids gone a spare bedroom is  Dave office, which is nice! The computer I use is in the kitchen/dining area, on a built in (former owner) desk. Works great! So we bought the small, new desk (above) for Dave. We moved the furniture, since hubby wanted to see out the window. We ditched a few things to donations, and our daughter adopted and loved the old used desk & chair, so it was a win-win. Carpet shampooing is up next when summer hits. Here's the "after"...

Reorganized for now, hoping for a big hutch in the future. Look at all those sad, empty jars! No apples last year :( No applesauce, apple butter, sigh...

Nice and compact storage



New Italian Wheat Free Food- 
I found this Chickpea Farinata mix a while back at the Grocery Outlet and made some last night. You bake in a preheated pan (500 degrees!) and it comes out light and fluffy, almost like a pancake. High protein too. Next time I'll use some rosemary and cheese, and maybe pancetta on top :) You could make it from scratch as it's just chickpea flour, olive oil and salt. I did some salt and pepper on top...

With herbs de Provence spiced chicken breasts

Baked in my cast iron

Served with my kale, blue cheese and grape salad, yum!


Spring Plants/Snow Coming-
After the brutal winter back eaet we've been basking in the low 60's and now 50's, but the times they're changing, a bit. Snow/rain is in the forecast for Sat. night, with the 20's at night. Ugh, I fear my poor plants and trees will suffer. My flowers are coming up, for criminy's sake!!!

Chives are up

More crocuses...


Dave's Cat Nook-
Anya loves to cuddle Dave on her fave red blanket. It's thick, polar fleece and has a velvety feel. Must be nice on her paws :) Anyway, Dave got some gift certificates and combined with some cash and bought a Nook reader. He loves it, as he's a big reader! Kitty has rubbed it, pawed it, pushed it, but finally gave up the other night and cuddled with Dave in his nest with his leg crossed. Poor cat is SO abused, and jealous of a piece of plastic!


4 comments:

Susan said...

I have a recipe that I use all the time for farinita. I just love it - I bake it in my paella pan so that it's thin, and then I top it with typical bruscetta toppings. Poor, poor Anya. Completely exhausted from her battle with the Nook... :) We had a lack of apples last year, too. Thank goodness I over-canned the year before!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

All that food looks delicious. Your new office space looks great too.

Unknown said...

Thanks! I'll try some toppings

Unknown said...

I can't believe you have flowers blooming and we are stuck under snow and freezing LOL So jealous! Thank you so much for sharing at the (mis)Adventures Monday Blog Hop.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...