Life on a little urban homestead in the making, with ideas for self-sufficiency, Permaculture, DIYing, organic gardening, food preservation, Chicken keeping, cookery, crafts, thrifting and more...

Sep 28, 2014

Curtido-Fermented Salvadorian Sauerkraut


Curtido- Fermented Salvadorian Sauerkraut-
Thanks to Susan, for emailing me this recipe for Fermented Curtido . I saw it on her blog- E-i-e-i-omg and since I love slaw and spicy foods, it's a perfect combo! And it's fermented! I did a lot of very fine slicing, shredding and dicing. It smells amazing!!! I used 2 heads of cabbage, and it's amazing that it all fit in the jar. It's all the pounding...

Ah, just waiting to be yummy, under a dark towel..

3 comments:

Susan said...

I'm so glad you tried it! I am enjoying mine now - I opened one after three weeks and the other is still fermenting away. It's delicious!

Unknown said...

It smells awesome!!!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

I'll have to try that next year. My plan is to invest in one of those gadgets too. And possible a large crock for beer making.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...