It's been kind of a slow week for me with my sciatica going on. More about that later!
1. Plant Something- Done for the year.
2. Harvest Something- Last of the herbs, still drying in the kitchen Last of the collard greens, and kale look ok in the garden still. Will use those up soon. Still using tomatoes that ripened in the kitchen. Flavor was pretty good! I used to top a pizza and for some spaghetti sauce.
3. Preserve/Store Something- Just normal stuff- canned goods, misc. freezer goodies.
4. Manage Reserves- Get a Good Deal/Barter/Stock Up/Prep- Getting the garden and cars ready for winter. Hoses put away, coop deep cleaned, sun room added. Cars: tires inflated, battery replaced in our 1 car, as it was dying. I always keep flashlights, blankets, and snow/ice scrapers in the car. We'll be buying chains for our little sedan soon, for a winter road trip to Oregon. Found a good deal locally.
5. Eat the Food- Try New Foods/Recipe- Made a recipe I stole years ago from Old Spaghetti Factory- just cook pasta (I like mulitgrain linguine), toss in melted browned butter, top with mizithra cheese! Yummy! Right now I'm smelling a home grown nectarine cobbler I just pulled out of the oven. I just thawed them and topped with a crumble topping. Smells good!
6. Build Community Food Systems- Bought locally grown pumpkins and corn stalks for decorations.
7. Recycle/Re-Use- Covered the flower beds with leaves, waiting for the rest t fall. Got lots of thrifting finds! I "re-newed" and filled these. I bought them last year, got the fillings from Michael's yesterday-
There's a moose and trout stenciled on the ends
8. Skill Up- Read this about home treatment of sciatica- How To Fix Your Aching Back, and I ordered the book. Am going for PT tomorrow so will visit about that.
9. Regenerate What is Lost/Salvage Something- Added some goodies to my thrifting finds, they came out rather cute I think! Fixed a belt on the polar fleece jacket.
Anya checking out the newest member of the flock
I was restless last night and went out and scored some great finds at the local Goodwill- a gorgeous polar fleece parka from Coldwater Creek, $5.00! I love their stuff! LL Bean jeans (like new) $1.50.
A chicken ready to be dressed up for the holidays, all wood, $2.00
New, BIG mugs, $1.50 each
A little north woods scene to go with the other 2 finds with winter goodies, $3.50, need to add more moss
A door hanger kit from Michael's for a buck, for school
Love the sleigh! It was marked $30.00 originally, I got it for $4.00, too cute to pass!
Acupuncture & Sciatica
I found a Chiropractor who also does acupuncture and wow, does it work! After 1 session I had about 50% pain reduction in about 24 hours or so. After 2 sessions, the burning in my thigh is pretty much gone. Happy dance! Off to PT tomorrow to get some exercises and get an 2nd opinion. I will say too, for those of you who have never tried it- it really doesn't hurt...