I've been busy, busy with work and getting ready for the first marriage in our family, of our eldest daughter, more to come!
1. Plant Something- Nope.
2. Harvest Something- My hens went on strike- 2 eggs in 2 weeks! We added more light last night, and got one egg today! With the shorter days, we're adding a few more hours of light. Veggies are slowing down, watching for the 1st hard frost. Tons of green tomatoes to pick if needed and basil for pesto.
3. Preserve/Store Something- More gourmet breads, butter, meats in freezer.
4. Manage Reserves- Get a Good Deal/Barter/Stock Up/Prep- Rearranged pantry closet a bit, to squeeze a bit more in. Found a pretty, new bamboo napkin holder for $2.00, will save for a gift for later.Got some really cute fall decor at Goodwill. My fave is the little seasonal "stick" -there's 4 sides with a different season on each one, with seeds to match. It's underneath one of two wooden pumpkins I also got. Roses are from the wedding!
I also found several brand-new Eddie Bauer messenger bags (great for work),
I got his one for $4.00! Lots of pockets and good size, not too big!
5. Eat the Food- Try New Foods/Recipe- Made some pork chops with our canned applesauce, with onions, yummy! Still using misc. garden veggies for meals.
6. Build Community Food Systems- No eggs to sell right now.
7. Recycle/Re-Use- Got lots of left over mini pumpkins, flowers, a few baskets, and apples from my daughter's wedding center pieces (she did a fall theme). I added some pears and got this-
Put away summer flowers from my vintage kitchen box, added fall colors-
8. Skill Up- Re-doing my resume, what a chore! I have some ideas, time will tell.
9. Regenerate What is Lost/Salvage Something- Got 2 free dining chairs from Dave's pal, ugly but sturdy. Old and brown, will do a creamy shabby chic paint job, with either burlap or linen seats covers. I will post some how-to's when done.
More fall colors, with the 2nd wooden pumpkin I got thrifting