Girls looking for a snack!
Independence Days Challenge-
1. Plant Something- Nothing til spring but hey, it's winter!
2. Harvest Something- Eggs, leaves for the flower beds and compost. We mounded some dry ones up around the base of the coop/nesting box area for some extra insulation-
3. Preserve/Store Something- Made some more refrigerator pickled carrots.
4. Manage Reserves- Get A Good Deal/Barter/Stock Up/Prep- Stocked up on butter and peanut butter for winter holiday baking. Bought a nice LED lantern for $15.00 (pretty good deal) at Home Depot yesterday-
5. Eat the Food- Try New Foods/Recipes- Used up some whole oats making chocolate chip cookies, yummy!
6. Build Community Food Systems- Still selling eggs at work.
7. Recycle/Re-Use- Composting leaves and regular recycling.
8. Skill Up- Growing sprouts for the chickens for a feed supplement for winter. Reading up on what kind of computer to get next, what the program differences are. Our old XP's are pooping out...
9. Regenerate What is Lost/Salvage Something- My sanity? I have a week off for turkey day break (furlough)! Got over a medium bad cold on my homeopathic stuff, yeah!