Life on a little urban homestead in the making, with ideas for self-sufficiency, Permaculture, DIYing, organic gardening, food preservation, Chicken keeping, cookery, crafts, thrifting and more...

May 21, 2012

World War II History Cookbook Website, Great Ideas!

                     

I stumbled onto this fascinating website, with food and cooking information on all kinds of time periods. There's even recipes! Cookit.e2bn.org  I also found some great shots of the WW11 era kitchens! Food for thought :)



6 comments:

Candy C. said...

Fun website, thanks for the link! I really like the old posters you shared too! :)

Unknown said...

Thanks, I love the vintage govt. ones too!

Michelle said...

As soon as I write this comment I will be going to this site. I love old recipes. Thank you so much.

Leigh said...

Nancy, thank you for the link. Such an interesting website and the recipes are great. It's amazing isn't it, how patriotic gardening used to be? Sad it's no longer the case.

Anonymous said...

Really fun website! Thanks so much for sharing. :-)

Unknown said...

Leigh, yes! I fond it so bizarre that some HOA's don't actually allow people to have "food" gardens in their areas, weird!

You're welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...