Life on a little urban homestead in the making, with ideas for self-sufficiency, Permaculture, DIYing, organic gardening, food preservation, Chicken keeping, cookery, crafts, thrifting and more...

Nov 26, 2011

Double Cranberry Delight!

Crustless Cranberry Pie

Cranberry Cornmeal Torte

Two of my favorite cranberry recipes are the two I decided to make today. I had three cups of fresh cranberries leftover from making my homemade sauce for Thanksgiving. I didn't want to make more sauce, so I pulled out my trusty cranberry dessert recipes.

#1 Cranberry Cornmeal Torte.  I love it because it has a little cornmeal, and gives it a tiny bit of crunchy texture. Recipe here-Southernfood.about.com  It's also very fast, with simple ingredients. This was ready to go in the oven in 10 minutes-



#2 Crustless Cranberry Pie- Fast, simple. I do add about 1/2 teaspoon orange extract, and leave out the nuts. It's good both ways!  Recipe here- Allrecipes.com



It's amazing how many excellent recipes I have found online. I can smell the cranberries in the oven!

4 comments:

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

That looks easy and delicious.

Unknown said...

Smells good too! I may not make it til after dinner!

Candy C. said...

I love recipes using fresh cranberries instead of dried, thanks for sharing!! :)

Unknown said...

Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...