Life on a little urban homestead in the making, with ideas for self-sufficiency, Permaculture, DIYing, organic gardening, food preservation, Chicken keeping, cookery, crafts, thrifting and more...

Jul 21, 2011

New Cold Cereal Recipe

I saw this on a website I'm exploring. I'll make a batch, as I'm trying to get off store bought cold cereals, and I'm not into making granola. I'll let you know what I think!!!

Easy Friendly Cold Cereal/Instant Oatmeal Recipe

4 cups of steel cut oats
1 quart of yogurt
1 cup of dried fruit (I use raisins)
1 cup of unsweetened coconut slivers
1 cup of seeds or nuts (I use raw sunflower seeds)
Mix the oats and yogurt in a large bowl, cover, and let sit overnight. In the morning, mix in the other ingredients. Keep stored in your refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 3-4 weeks.
TO SERVE COLD: Scoop into bowl, drizzle with raw honey, pour in milk. Enjoy!
TO SERVE HOT: Mix equal amounts of cereal and water in a bowl.
Microwave on High for 3-6 minutes, depending on your microwave and desired consistency. Or, cook on a stove until boiling or desired consistency is reached. Add a pat of butter, a dash of cinnamon, and a drizzle of raw honey or maple syrup. Stir and enjoy!

The Foodrenegade Website

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...