Life on a little urban homestead in the making, with ideas for self-sufficiency, food preservation, thrifting, cookery,
gardening, crafts, vintage stuff, and more...

Jul 29, 2013

The Pioneer Woman Ree Drummond- Recipes To Die For, Literally



The Pioneer Woman Ree Drummond- Recipes ToDie For, Literally-
Well, you know sometimes you know something is a BAD idea? Then you think, well, maybe I'm being too critical or close-minded? So.... at the tail-end of an episode of the horrific Pioneer Woman "cooking show" on the Food Network I saw a Olive Cheese Bread. I love olives and cheese and thought, sounds good. I looked at the recipe and my arteries started to clog. OMG, talk about grease! Anyway, I decided to give it a try. I made a small batch and put the leftovers in the fridge. I followed the directions, and served it with some pasta and salad. Ewww, it was horribly greasy, and barely edible! This is the worst recipe I have ever tried. I had to throw out the remaining batch of the "paste". Luckily I only made a small portion of this concoction. I should have known better when I knew it came from the "I want to kill my family with too much grease" and plagiarized recipes queen Ree Drummond. She's pioneering lousy, fatty foods. I always wondered why she wears these billowy tops, hmm. I also find her voice so flat, she put me to sleep. In comparison I watched Trisha Yearwood's cooking show. What a difference! She really cooks, and has a great speaking style. Funny and effervescent! You can tell her Momma taught her in a real kitchen, and from scratch cooking.

Ree should start posting nutritional info for her dishes. One stick of butter, mayo and cheese? The fat content is huge! I wonder if she, hubby and kids ever get their cholesterol checked? A good cook could easily translate this recipe with olive oil, and 0 butter and 0 mayo. Maybe this is simply too hard for Ree, since she really appears to not cook. She uses a lot of mixes, canned foods, etc. I'd love to see her in a contest- "here Ree take these ingredients and make something original"! Her millionaire husband couldn't save her from that! I have to laugh about her when I read how she really got started and how her business runs- girl raised in wealthy family marries rich guy. What a surprise. And where in her "simple life, keeping it real" is her garden, chickens and fruit trees? These folks are rich, they could pay someone to do it for them. Sigh. I also finding it really odd that she calls her husband the Marlboro Man- the original model/cowboy for the ad died of lung cancer. Maybe she's trying to clog his arteries to inherit his vast wealth? More about Ree below- warning use the toilet first as you may pee your pants laughing!

Pioneer Woman Show Stinks   The Marlboro Woman  Ladd Drummond in The News  Open Letter to Ree

Why take them off when you have maids?

If you drank the koolaid with Ree don't bother commenting. Eat some grease and go to her website.

6 comments:

Susan said...

I found the really early blog posts funny. Then she got too big and not funny and I gave up when she started to have contests giving away her used clothing. I mean, really? Her cooking style has never been for me. I like REAL reality, if you know what I mean.

Little Homestead In Boise said...

Yes, I hear you. She probably gives away her used clothes for some tax advantage...

Ray said...

Ouch! What got you all riled up? To the point of a venemous post like this? Be kind. Life is short, even if you sub olive oil for butter.

Little Homestead In Boise said...

Just call em like I see em. I'm sure I'm not in Ree's universe, a little homesteader like me :) And I was kind!

Kristina said...

Oh, wow. Sounds like too much grease for me.

Little Homestead In Boise said...

Yes, it was all over the plate, eww...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...